Did you know that slot machines have the lowest winning odds of any casino game? But people still love this game for its advantages and huge payouts. When starting to play slots, you should be prepared that you may not be lucky today and you will lose all your money. That is why the wheel of fortune, slots, scratches and other games of chance are not suitable for a stable income in a casino, which cannot be said about other games. In online and land-based casinos there are several games with winning odds up to 50%: roulette, blackjack and craps.
Today we will make a detailed review of craps odds of winning and true craps payouts. In terms of gameplay, this game is a bit like roulette with the active participation of players. At the beginning of the round, one player becomes a shooter and receives a dice. The rest of the players try to guess the number on the dice. The shooter throws the dice and the second round of betting begins. At the end of the round, players receive payouts in accordance with their bets. Craps is very interesting to play in a company, and in land-based casinos, craps are always the noisiest tables.
Odds and payouts in craps
There are several bets in the game: Pass Line, Don’t Pass Line, Craps, Odds, Field bets and others. Each of these bets has its own craps game odds, house edge and payout. Detailed chart with craps dice odds and exact payouts:
- Pass Line. The most popular bet in a game with a house edge of 1.41%, winning odds of 251 to 244 and a payout of 1:1.
- Don’t Pass. Reverse bet with house edge 1.36%, odds 976 to 949 and payout 1:1.
- Any 7. Worst bet in the game with the biggest house edge 16.67%, odds 5 to 1 and payout 4:1.
- Craps. A bet that the shooter will throw 12, 3 or 2 with 11.11% house edge, 8 to 1 odds and payout 7:1.
- The Odds. A unique side bet with zero house edge where winning odds depend on the number you choose. You will learn more about craps odds of winning in the next section.
- Place Bets. A bet on a specified number with a house edge from 1.52% to 6.67%, odds 7 to 6, 7 to 5, or 9 to 5.
- Lay Bets. Bet that 7 will come up earlier than other numbers. House edge from 2.27% to 1.67%, odds 7 to 6 and 9 to 5.
- Field. A bet on the next roll of dice with house edge 2.27%, odds 5 to 4 and payouts 1:1.
- 3 or 11. The same bet as Field, only on these numbers. House edge 11.11%, odds 17 to 1, payout 15:1.
Now you know the exact craps odds of winning of all bets in the game and you can choose the best tactics for yourself.
3-4-5 bet in craps explained
As you may have noticed, the craps odds of winning list contains one bet with 0 house edge – odds bet or 3-4-5 bet. What does 3 4 5 mean in craps odds of winning? This is an additional bet that multiplies your wager and affects the payout. For example:
- You place a $5 bet on Don’t Pass.
- You bet 3-4-5.
- If the point is 4 or 10, then your first bet is multiplied by 3x.
- If the point is 5 and 9, then your first bet is multiplied by 4x.
- If the point is 6 and 8, then your first bet is multiplied by 5x.
The payouts for bets remain the same, but your wager increases, which causes the payout to increase as well.